Updates and changes
Collecting personal information
We collect personal information from you as follows:
1. Using our services. We use personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you engage or communicate with us or third parties in connection with our services or otherwise access or use any part of our services. Such information may include:
- identifying information such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- geographic or location data, which may be precise or imprecise;
- content of your communications via the services;
- information relating to the performance of the services you experience; and
- information you provide in any communications with us.
2. Automatic collection. When you use our services, we may automatically gather information about how you’re using them, as well as information about your devices, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, resolution of your screen, language settings in your browser, referring URLs, and other technical information. This information is necessary for providing personalized and location-based content and services, as well as for analyzing web traffic, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving services.
3. Third-party data. We may obtain data from third parties. We protect that data according to the practices described in this policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data and applicable laws. These third-party data sources vary over time, but may include data brokers from which we may purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect, service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain offerings to your location, and any partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
Using personal information
You consent to our using personal information we collect on you:
- to deliver our services to you;
- to improve our services in order to better serve you;
- to appropriately respond to your communications;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when using our services;
- to provide targeted advertising to you (presuming you’ve already agreed to receive promotional messages or emails from us);
- to contact you about new and enhanced informational services (again, presuming you’ve already agreed to receive promotional messages or emails from us);
- for internal statistical, marketing or operational purposes, including measuring and understanding demographics, user interest, and other trends among our users; and
- to detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities or security issues.
Disclosing personal information
Securing personal information
We take steps to ensure that your personal information is only accessed by those employees whose job requires it. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of personal information in our custody. We have personal information retention processes designed to keep our customers’ personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above.
ofCourse follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and receipt. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, however, so we cannot 100% guarantee its security.
Personal information rights
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in personal information we have in our custody by emailing us at the contact information set out below. We will request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to specific rights, including: (a) the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions, (b) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions, (c) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions, (d) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, (e) the right to data portability of personal data concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions, (f) the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions, and (g) the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on data protection.
Retaining and deleting personal information
ofCourse retains personal information as necessary to provide services, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. These needs vary, so actual retention periods vary significantly.
Once it’s no longer necessary for us to keep your personal information, we dispose of it securely, according to our data retention and deletion policies. We are not responsible for any liability or loss you experience as a result of our disposal of personal information.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you have the option to block or disable them. Your computer or device lets you clear all stored cookies, should you wish to do so. However, please be aware that you may be unable to access certain parts of the services if you block or disable our cookies.